Monday, February 4, 2008
This week we were required to job shadow another tutor. Since we only had to shadow at the writing center once and we could go somewhere else the second time, I decided to go to the Academic Success Center and shadow myself. I am a tutor at the ASC and I tutor General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and math from Algebra to Calculus. I have been working there since last fall. As a tutor you always want to be kind and outgoing, always great people when they come in and ask their name for your records. Listen to what their saying and try to address the problem in a way that makes sense to them. Also, when it comes to tutoring someone who is older, always remember that they have come to you for information because in this circumstance you are knowledgeable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment