Sunday, February 17, 2008

This week in tutoring we were not scheduled with anyone, but five minutes after our time began we had a walk in. We tutored a student who needed help with an outline for his 3000 level physiology class. English was not his first language, so he wanted help making sure the sentence structure was correct. We showed him a proofreading technique so he could be able to check for these types of mistakes by himself and we read through the outline. While we were reading through the outline I tried to emphasize the fact that the way he was explaining this to us, from the top of his head, sounded more organized and understandable and to use that fact to make the outline more cohesive. By the end of the session I think he really understood how to proofread.

1 comment:

childhood bibliophile said...

I'm glad you guys were able to help someone-- I also think faocusing on ideology with starbucks is a good idea. ne